This is a non credit-bearing University of Cape Town Short Course (for which you will gain a certificate) but the course is not part of UCT's admissions procedures nor a guarantee of acceptance into postgraduate study. The writing task is however likely to help you articulate your research concepts such as accessing the literature and developing an argument from sources. The course will run from 28 Nov to 1 Dec. It is NOT a research methods or research design course. These would be offered by Faculties and Departments. Click here to access the brochure.
If you are interested, you can sign up below:
(Deadline for applying: 6 Nov 2017)
You can also contact Assoc Prof Lucia Thesen [firstname.lastname@example.org] for further details and any queries about RPL.
Limited places available as the class size will be kept small. Final acceptance on the course depends on payment of course fees.
• an Honours degree (or equivalent competence if preparing for an RPL application)
• be considering entry into a postgraduate programme or currently registered at UCT for a postgraduate degree
• have access to a computer for online learning in the week before and three weeks after the course runs
• a R1 200 course fee; R600 for UCT students
• be available to attend classes every day from 28 Nov to 1 Dec 2017.